Monday, March 1, 2010

All because two people fell in love....

"For I know the plans I have for you....plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:1


Almost two years ago, we were blessed to welcome Wes into our family....

This past summer, we were all thrilled to receive the news that this little blessing was on it's way...



Now, I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce this little bundle of joy:

Alexa Kate Sanders

born at 4:05 p.m.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

7 lbs 2 ounces

19 inches long

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I've asked of him"
-- 1 Samuel 1:27

We all are so excited to have this newest edition to our family. Dana, Wes, and Alexa are all home and doing well. We are so blessed!


Now, let me just say that the waiting for this baby was pure torture for me! Not only did Dana & Wes not find out the gender, but they didn't tell anyone the names they had chosen either. I'm a planner by nature, so the not knowing was a killer for me. Do any of you realize how hard it is to shop for gender neutral baby gifts?? If not, let me tell you now, it's no picnic!!

Anyway, I was so excited to be living here close for her birth, and to spend such sweet time with my sister while waiting for her first baby to be born. I'm so proud of the woman she has become and absolutely positive that she and Wes are going to be wonderful parents to baby Alexa. Once again, thank you Lord for this wonderful blessing!!

Love to all,
K


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't wait until I actually get to hold her! I am still hanging on to this dang cold. But I am glad you posted a picture! She is beautiful!

Lindsay said...

Congrats to them & your family!!

And yes, at this point I do know how hard it is to try to shop for gender neutral! We can't wait to find out what we're having b/c, as you know, we are born planners as well!