Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas 2009

We had a really nice Christmas holiday this year. Granny & Poppy arrived on the 17th. The kids were so happy to see them! Mimi & Papa made a surprise appearance on the 22nd (the kids didn't know they were coming.) Noah really had a grasp this year of the "Santa thing" and it was so nice to see everything through the innocent eyes of a little kid this year. We celebrated with Dana & Wes on the 23rd since they were flying out on Christmas Eve for Illinois. Thank goodness they made it in and out safely and didn't get snowed in. St. Matthew's had a beautiful Christmas Eve service and we actually managed to get everyone there on time! I have to admit though that the sign language choir is my absolute favorite to watch. It is so peaceful and soothing to see them perform. Now on to some pics :)


Noah riding his "big boy" bike for the first time. He's getting so big, my how the time flies. The kids all got new bikes this year so I anticipate a lot of this in the future.


This is Noah's favorite shirt for Scottie. He loves Wolverine :)

A little old school Lincoln Log action...

Sydney waiting to open her first present of the year.

We had a really nice visit with all the grandparents, and were sad to see them go. The kids are all making plans already to go to Arkansas to visit this summer. We are so fortunate that both Scottie's and my parents are young enough and energetic enough to still chase the kids around, or in the girls case, chauffeur them around!! I know we should enjoy it while we still can 'cause they won't be small for too much longer.

On another note, I celebrated my 37th birthday on the 27th. I'm not sure why, but this number isn't sitting too well with me. Maybe it's that it is closer to 40 than to 30....I don't know. I'm well aware that 'age is a state of mind,' but this number is very depressing to me. I'm going to have to reconcile myself to this though, 'cause I'm not going to get any younger!

K


1 comment:

Alison said...

hey. glad to see you blogging again. WE miss you guys! Is your house still for sale here? You should add a follow gadget so people can keep up with your posts.